top of page


  • Aliens of Extraordinary Ability

  • Employment-Based Permanent Residency

  • Family-Based Permanent Residency

  • Investment Visa

  • PERM Labor Certification

  • Naturalization

Foreign workers can permanently immigrate to the United States with an Employment-Based Immigrant Visa (EB Visa). Approximately 140,000 employment based visas are made available to immigrant workers each year by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Unlike non-immigrant visas, employment-based immigrant visas give applicants the basis to apply for lawful permanent residency in the United States. After five years of being a lawful permanent resident, foreign nationals may apply for U.S. citizenship. Therefore, foreign workers, their children, and their spouses may be eligible to permanently live and work in the United States if they qualify for one of five employment based visa categories.  

If you're a foreign national married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for citizenship after spending three years married and living with the U.S. citizen.

Image by Katie Moum
Back to Top


bottom of page